Monday, January 30, 2012

Home Sweet Home…That’s all Folks!

I feel like these last few photos will be used primarily for “before” pics when I get to re-doing these rooms.   I frankly ran out of steam by the time I got to the boys’ rooms.  I have many ideas for future wall treatments.  We have all white paint downstairs and while I am actually enjoying having a totally blank slate, I have visions of  board and batten, vertical and horizontal stripes (not in the same room), faux brick, and more in mind for the future.  I told Justin that I have been known to get the painting itch, and one day he might come home to a newly painted room.  But those were the days before 6 kids, so we’ll see. 

First off, we have Cameron’s BYU room.  A “house divided” was unacceptable a few years ago, but now Justin has come to the realization that it is what it is.  Cameron was brainwashed from a very young age to be a Cougar fan and that will simply never change.  I didn’t do it.  It’s not my fault.  Justin and Grandma Adele even showered Cam this past Christmas with BYU pajamas, hoodie and Jimmer basketball jersey. 

IMG_1951

Colton’s room makes up for Cam’s room.  It sports U of U stadium turf and signed memorabilia from Coach Whittingham.  Colton is extra special.  He gets a tv in his room where he now watches Barney, Blues Clues and Baby Signing times during his quiet time.  His special-ed teacher said the compression of a hammock-like swing, which we are currently searching for, would be good for his development.  That, with his new slide, practically makes a playground in his room.  Lucky boy!  This room, so far, has also been Colton-proofed.  The décor  is out of reach, the pictures are pretty much glued to the wall so he can’t swing them and pull them down, and I have a handy new baby monitor with camera that I can watch his every little move from upstairs to keep him from rolling his nightstand around, banging the blinds, or tearing his closet doors down.  It has a talk-back feature so if he starts doing something dangerous, I can tell him to “move away” and he does. 

IMG_1954

Wyatt’s room is in the beginning stages of a cabin retreat.  He got the furniture that Grandpa Leon built for his mom, so it is very special.  It is dark since his room is the only window in the basement with a window-well, which makes it even cozier.  It’s the perfect environment for sleeping in…which is not good for school days. 

IMG_1955

The boys’ bathroom is pretty sparse.  I already had this décor in our previous home and I still like it, so it will do for now. 

IMG_1956

The Laundry Room.  Let’s just say that I don’t hate doing laundry as much as I used to.  We had such a small laundry room (can’t really call it that) before that as I would change loads, I had to balance on one foot, brace myself with one hand on the door frame and grab the wet, twisted laundry with my free hand and shove it into the dryer.  While doing this balancing act, the clothes would often times fall into the kitty litter which was located directly under the washer door.  I swear a lot less now that I have a room that I can walk into to do laundry.

IMG_1957IMG_1958

I’m going to take a little break from organizing and decorating to see one of my very best friends in California this week thanks to a very generous Christmas present from my husband.  I feel like I have a good start on our home, but I know there’s a lot of projects in my pipeline to come thanks to “blog land” and Pinterest. 

The End. 

3 comments:

Krysta said...

Have fun on your tip!! You deserve the break and you have more than a good start on things at the home front.

Seth and Julie said...

Congrats on the new place. It is beautiful! Kari, you have a real talent for decorating and the movie theater...WOW! I don't even like movies and even I am a little bit jealous.

Chad & Natasha said...

You are an amazing decorator! Every room in your house is gorgeous!