Friday, January 27, 2012

Home Sweet Home…Part II

Here is our master bedroom.  Justin wanted a main floor master away from all the other bedrooms.  And now I have him and the blackout curtains to thank for the quiet, dark Saturday mornings away from the kids and noise we have to sleep in. 

IMG_1922

The crown jewel of the master bathroom happens to be the double sinks.  There is nothing worse than sharing a sink with your spouse when getting ready.  These puppies have saved our marriage. 

IMG_1923

Our half bath is nothing fancy, but it is right inside the entrance from the garage and keeps the kids from running through the house just to use the restroom.

IMG_1917

Since we are going to have teenagers in the next few short years, I thought it would be best to separate the girls and the boys.  We decided to put all the girls’ rooms upstairs, and all the boys’ rooms downstairs.  Here are the girls’ rooms:

Britney’s Room - I asked each child what was important for them to have in their rooms.  Britney wanted a new desk.  She loves art and office supplies, so now she has a place to create.

IMG_1925

Brooklyn’s Room – The design of this room was such a happy accident!  Brooklyn brought home her “scribble art” that she created at school.  It was such a fun design, I wanted to somehow incorporate it in her new room.  One day, I just happened to be shopping at Kohl’s (I never shop there) and saw the comforter on her bed 80% off.  I snatched it up because it matched her scribble art perfectly.  I love it when things like that happen!  

IMG_1932

Matti’s Room – Matti’s favorite part about her room is the bay window.  In the future, I want to incorporate a window seat for storage and a place in the sun to read and relax. 

IMG_1938

There was way too much pink upstairs, so I had to balance out the girls’ bathroom with a little blue, green, brown and white. 

IMG_1939

We needed a place for the kids to hang out with their friends.  The bonus room above the garage does just that.  You can’t see the gaming devices and library from this angle, but there’s a library, comfy place to read, place to play board games, air hockey, school, dolls, listen to music and more.  If I ever hear the kids say they’re bored, I am going to freak out since they have so much to do up here!

IMG_1934

We turned the downstairs family room into a game room… Justin and I also had to have a place for us to play with our friends!

IMG_1936

Next tour:  Rest of the basement including the boys’ rooms, bath and Justin’s theatre aka:  man cave (he won’t let me take pics until his Rocky poster arrives…and it just did). 

2 comments:

Krysta said...

So fun!! Show me more...soon...pretty please. :)

A little About US said...

Where did you find all of your decorations and curtains? I love them all! You did so awesome!