Thursday, February 16, 2012

BFF’s

So do you have that one friend that you can’t ever remember not being friends with?   I do.  This is Tiff.  She and I have been best friends since we were toddlers.  My mom and her grandma were also best friends.  We both even moved away for a year in first grade and ended up at the same elementary school!  What are the odds of that happening?  When she was 14, she moved to California, but the distance didn’t stop our friendship! 

Here we are on our baptism day on November 2, 1985.  I can’t believe I still remember the date 27 years later!

IMG

My mom let me fly out to Cali at the end of my senior year.  I was only 17.   Tiff and I toured Alcatraz and Pier 39 in San Francisco all by ourselves and hit the beach in Santa Cruz. 

IMG_0001

We lost touch for a few years (my fault because of all my life-changes), but picked up right where we left off when she and her hubby brought their 4 kiddos to visit Christmas 2010.

IMG_1520_edited-1

I had one of the best Christmas presents so far this year when Justin surprised me with a plane ticket to see Tiff.  He had contacted her, unbeknownst to me, planned a whole weekend visit and she was in on the surprise.  We hung out, ate out, talked non-stop all while visiting the Oakland Temple, Santa Cruz and San Francisco (for old times sake) and Monterey Bay.  I enjoyed being a part of her family life and seeing her beautiful children. 

IMG_1976

1 comment:

Krysta said...

That sounds like THE perfect present! Nothing compares to time with a very best friend. I am glad you have a friend like that. Everyone should!