Monday, December 24, 2012

The Best Christmas Present So Far

When it comes to buying Christmas presents, Justin and I have always been able to pleasantly surprise each other.  Justin  made me cry last year with a surprise present sending me to see my BFF in Cali.

But this year, I paid him back in a big way.  When Steven Tyler was a judge on American Idol, Justin said he would love to go to an Aerosmith Concert.  So when I got an email for a super awesome deal for a 4 day 3 night stay in Lakeside Property with Suite Tickets to see Aerosmith in Orlando, I jumped all over this deal and suggested to Justin this could be our Christmas present to each other.  We had some flyer miles to use up, so our R/T tickets cost a whopping $15.  Yes, this was the best Christmas present so far…

DSCF0169

The best part of the trip that made it such a great gift to my hubby was that we met up with his friends, who are now my friends.  He admittedly he loves them more than some of his family!   He met and baptized Guillermo on his mission in NYC 13 years ago.  Luckily, Yesenia and Guillermo recently moved to Florida just 3 hours away from where we were staying.  They drove to meet us and hung out with us for the few short days we were there.   Wouldn’t you know that I forgot my camera and have very few pics of this once-in-a-lifetime event?

DSCF0152

We had plans to go zip lining, to Universal Studios, and maybe even on some air boat tours.  But we ended up hanging out on the grounds of the Orlando Temple, in our hotel room watching movies together, visiting, reminiscing and eating out.  It was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable mini-vacations to date. 

IMG_3585

IMG_3634

IMG_3639

We even got to see some gators before departure. 

IMG_3711IMG_3641IMG_3707IMG_3694

Thank you to Grandma Adele and Grandma Carmen who covered for us while we were gone.  I know this was a very special trip for Justin.  It was amazing that the timing worked out for us to get together!

1 comment:

erica said...

love your blog. i will be keeping tabs on you from now on... :)