Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Little Project, Big Mess

The kids love to make these beads into pictures, then melt them together.  This craft provides hours and hours of fun.  Especially when 11,000 of them are spilled onto the floor…

IMG_2197

For some reason, when the girls begged me for the largest container of beads at Hobby Lobby, I knew in my heart of hearts this would inevitably happen, especially since I spend my days moving cups that are set within millimeters of the edge of the counter back towards the middle to safety to avoid disastrous spills such as this.  

IMG_2203

Maybe next time the kids will listen to me and learn not to place items that can break or spill on the edge of the counter or table. 

IMG_2196

Harley was even entertained by the beads.  She liked watching and chasing them while the girls cleaned them up.

IMG_2192

It was the best $7.00 lesson (hopefully) learned so far…

2 comments:

Tiffiny said...

I guess this is why I love the saying, "Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk while it is still snowing." It never ends! But one of these days we're going to miss the messes, spills, fingerprints, etc. At least, I think we will!

Sarah said...

Awesome. And what a good mom to keep your cool amidst it all!