Thursday, October 4, 2012

It’s Fall Y’all!

All it took was an impromptu trip to the Harvest Festival at Thanksgiving Point to get me in the mood for fall!

IMG_2610

Some of these pumpkins weighed over 750 pounds!  Some people have an amazing talent when it comes to growing things.  That’s not one of my talents at all. 

IMG_2616

This “fall fever” gave me the motivation to decorate my house when October 1st rolled around.  I loved my yellow accents in the living room, but decided to switch things up a bit.  I like to change my décor with the seasons.  I borrowed the orange pillows and black and white rug from the pool table room downstairs.  Sometimes decorating is the most fun using what you already have. 

IMG_2687

Thanks to an anonymous prankster who thought it was funny to leave a dead 10 foot tree on our front porch, I now have black spray painted branches to adorn my fireplace mantle.  I love them, especially because they were free!   Tree branches in general are hard to come by in a neighborhood filled with new construction!

IMG_2632IMG_2631

All it took was a trip (or two, or three) to TJ Maxx, Target, Taipan and Hobby Lobby to find some unique Halloween trinkets to add in with what I already had.  I originally bought the black glitter stars to hang in Britney’s room.  I got them 75% off after Halloween last year.  But after 10 months they were still on the floor by her dresser.  I think they look perfect hanging from my kitchen chandelier for their intended use as a Halloween decoration. 

IMG_2622IMG_2643IMG_2678

IMG_2651

I love having a new house to decorate.  I’ve seen so many fun ideas on Pinterest, like hanging the letter “B” (that I already had) onto my fall wreath (that I already had) for a new look, again, for FREE!

IMG_2680IMG_2660IMG_2665

I bought the ceramic Utah pumpkins that (you can’t see very well in this shot) for 90% off last year at Hobby Lobby.  They were originally $49.99 each, but I got them for $4.99 each.  I got the black planters 75% off at the end of the season at Target.  I love getting a good deal.  It gives me a rush of adrenaline, a natural “high”.  Does that happen to anyone else after they score a great find?  I always check out what’s on sale after a holiday.  I don’t mind putting it away to use the next year.  It’s always a surprise when I unpack my holiday décor and find something I forgot I bought for a way good deal the year before.  I rarely justify buying something when it’s full-price.  I have a few splurges, but when they are mixed in with my bargain finds, I think it all ends up looking tasteful.

IMG_2620IMG_2652

Harley followed me from room to room while I was decorating.  By noon, she was worn out from all the fall/Halloween decorating.  And so was I.

IMG_2648

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Adorable. I love it. I love the Orange pillows and tree braches. It looks great.

Henich Family said...

LOVE IT KARI....you are a amazing and Justin is right you should have your own show.