Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sneak Peek

The process of getting family pictures taken for a family of 8 is not fun.   However, the girls got their braces off and have beautiful smiles now, and all of the kids have grown so much since our last picture (only a year and a half ago) that it was time to suck it up and do it again.  All I wanted was ONE picture with everyone at least looking decent to hang in our new house.  We haven’t gotten all the proofs back yet, but here is just a sneak peek of what we have seen so far:  

bancroft kids

I often feel tired, no, exhausted with our day-to-day life.  Caring for a family of 8 is no easy task, especially when “clean your room” means throwing all your clean clothes (that mom just spent 12 hours washing, drying and folding) you don’t want to put away back into the laundry hamper for mom to wash again (that was the “teachable moment” this week)!   But when I see these faces, I am reminded that motherhood is a great calling and I am doing the greatest thing on earth and one day (maybe not today) it will all have been worth the effort, sweat and tears. 

bancroft-leaves

Remember that little crying spree we had with Colton in Disneyland?  Well, Justin woke him up from a nap for pictures (although he rarely takes naps these days, this HAD to be the day he fell asleep) and he was fussy, cranky and of course CRYING!  He cried before, during and after these pictures, for a total of about 2 hours straight.  I’m amazed these pictures turned out at all.  His face was splotchy and snot was running out of his nose from crying.   

bancroft-kiss

Justin wanted a picture of just the two of us.  Although I was reluctant, I like how it is super romantic with the sun shining down through the trees.  Thanks to our friend and neighbor, Cassie, who took these shots.  She did a great job capturing the Bancroft Bunch as we are now, October 2011.  We are definitely a little older, a little wiser, and little more tired than we were a little over 2 years ago when we became one, but the kids are also smarter, easier and more helpful as well. 

P.S.  I will be keeping the family picture under wraps since I am saving them for Christmas cards.  Gotta leave some surprises! 

3 comments:

Krysta said...

Super cute!! I can't wait to see the Christmas card.

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to see it! Your family is beautiful.

Tiff said...

I love all three of those photos! Especially the one with you guys kissing in the background and the kids throwing leaves. I hope you had a great birthday!!