Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spring Break Part Three

Now that we are back from our cruise, It’s time to catch up.  Here’s a sampling of how we filled the rest of our time during our rainy spring break:

Building Forts – I wasn’t too happy about the packing tape stuck to the wall and shutters, but it was a rainy day and there was nothing to do outside, so I let it slide…just this once!

IMG_0998

Putting Together Puzzles – I bought a 3D puzzle and ended up with a headache after helping Brit put it together.  Don’t buy them. 

IMG_0704

Baking – still teaching the girls to bake so I don’t have to…

IMG_0723 - Copy

Making Salsa

IMG_0725-001IMG_0731

Here is the recipe we use for Fresh Tomato Salsa from allrecipes.com that we all love:

Prep Time:  10 Minutes

INGREDIENTS:
3 tomatoes, chopped

1/2 cup finely diced onion

5 serrano chiles, finely chopped (we use 1 large Anaheim pepper so it’s not so hot)

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons lime juice

Combine all ingredients.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.  Enjoy! 

We also had a field trip to Discovery Gateway.  This is always a hit. 

IMG_0957

IMG_0961

IMG_0959

My mom always told me that kids are the easiest between ages 6-12.  Well, here we are, just in that bracket.  No naps,  no diapers, no moody teenagers or toddlers to deal with.  With Summer just 3 weeks away, I am going to take advantage of this “easy” stage and enjoy my kiddos.  I can’t wait!

No comments: