Thursday, May 10, 2012

Construction Zone–Before Pictures

I’m not sure what’s worse; finishing a basement or finishing a yard.  Both have the same effects on the entire inside of the home, and that is the layer of dust everywhere!  I usually get after the kids for running outside, then coming in the house and leaving little footprints on the hardwood floors, but today, this is my doing. 

Even though the wind kicked up today, I decided I was going to document the progress of the yard.  Even though I took my shoes off when I came in, this is what was still on my feet.  I only have to deal with it for a few more days!   The yard should be complete by early next week.   

IMG_1506

As of today, here’s the progress that’s been made since Monday:

Rock wall and sprinklers in in the front:

IMG_1500 - Copy

Fire pit, patio and in ground trampoline set.  Garden boxes are also going in today.  The dang deer better not eat our garden!  We still have a pergola going over the back deck for shade (my umbrella will not survive another one of our wind storms) and the play set will go in after the grass is in.  

IMG_1501 - CopyIMG_1502 - Copy

The porch will give us a place to enjoy our view of the lake and mountains.  I’m looking forward to sitting here with a good book, watching the kids ride their bikes and play, hoping the bubbling rock feature will drown out all their noise! 

IMG_1504

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is seriously a dream house! Can't wait to see all the finished pictures of the yard--I would just curl up in a ball and whimper if I had to come up with a landscape. Not my forte. I'm sure your creative mind is already spinning with a ton of ideas, though!