Thursday, December 8, 2011

Matti’s 6th Birthday

This is the poster Matti helped make for her birthday spotlight at school.  It pretty much sums up what this 6-year-old is all about.  Matti has always been my little “sunshine”.  As grandma Carmen puts it, she is always “full of  joy”.  She has a spunky, cheerful, creative spirit that will always brighten your day. 

IMG_1735

She is addicted to coloring. When we tell her it’s time to clean up, she always has to color “just one more thing”.  And as you can see on her poster she wrote, “I love my cat”.  She loves to make beds for Harley (see Harley in the laundry basket below) and dress her up in doll clothes.

IMG_1701IMG_1590IMG_1696

She also loves mermaids.  I’m not sure what started the fascination with them, but this is the 3rd year Matti has been a Mermaid for Halloween.  They are her favorite toy. 

I couldn’t imagine life without this cute little girl.  She reminds me of me in a lot of ways.  When I was little I could entertain myself for hours playing with my cat and making art projects like she does now.  I have pictures of when I was little doing the same things at the same age which brings a smile to my face!

2 comments:

Tiffiny said...

I was totally thinking while reading this post that she is a mini YOU!! Memories of Puss-Kitty and Patches and us locking them in your room with us while we held our "club" eatting tuna fish and OJ... because that's what cats liked, right? haha And I absoluteley remember what a great artist you were. Remember the comic strip we had to make for school? (yours was about a cat sleeping on a shelf of books). Mine I still remember but it's too stupid to even mention!
Now I'm homesick for you and 9th East, yet again!!!

Krysta said...

Love that girl! I can't believe how much older she looks.