Thursday, December 22, 2011

Explanation…

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then here’s 2000 words explaining my blog neglect: 

IMG_1763 - CopyIMG_1761

Amongst all the moving chaos, we are trying to enjoy the Christmas season as well.  Here’s what we have been up to: 

We saw the Christmas Lights at Thanksgiving Point, watched Holiday movies (“Elf”, “Fred Clause” and “A Christmas Story” have been some of our family favorites this year) and have read lots of Christmas books.  Each year we buy one new Christmas Book, have everyone sign it and each night we read one story.  We were given a jar at the beginning of the month with strips of paper with uplifting holiday activities for our family to do each night like “do something for someone without them knowing”.   I think the kids like drawing out slips of paper more than actually completing the activity, but at least we’re trying.  We also decided let the kids draw each others names so they can learn to enjoy the process of gift-giving.  On on of our family nights, we bought some toys to donate to “Toys for Tots” and thanks to Grandma Carmen, the kids have even gotten to bake a little.  I’m packing up the kitchen, so despite all good intentions to bake, I’ll have a great excuse not to now. 

There’s nothing that brings the spirit of Christmas more than music.  We enjoyed Brooklyn’s choir concert  and the Christmas sing-in.  I am sad that this is that last time I will get to see Cam “sing”…(or try to.  Yup.  He is monotone and off-key most of the time, but he has other talents).

  IMG_1769

IMG_1785-1

IMG_1777

It is quite possible that you won’t hear from me until next year.  I am looking forward to 2012.  I think there are a lot of great things in store.  I plan on starting a few new hobbies after settling in.  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I have been thinking of you! I hope that the moving is going good. I will call you soon and check in.