Friday, November 4, 2011

“Hell”oween, I Mean Halloween

It is my least favorite holiday.  I would rather celebrate Arbor Day, Veterans Day, or even Bosses Day over Halloween.  I guess I am the scrooge of Halloween if there is such a thing.  This year, Justin and I played it smart.  Some people said we were “cheaters”.  Others called us “lazy”.  But they didn’t have Colton to keep track of or push around in a stroller he’s too big for.  So we came up with “Truck or Treating”.  Yep.  We drove around in the truck and followed the kids around the neighborhood.  Colton was content with me feeding him Smarties, Justin was content not chasing Colton.  I was content because everyone else was content.  The kids thought we were awesome parents because we cut down on their candy gathering leg-work.  When they finished going up and down a street, we hauled them to their next trick-or-treating destination within the neighborhood.  I think we just found a new Halloween tradition. 

IMG_1608 

Brit the cheerleader, Matti the Mermaid and Brooklyn the Hawaiian girl in the back of the truck ready for trick-or-treating,

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I would say you are SMART!

I am glad to hear that Halloween kicked your butt too, not that I want you to be exhausted from Halloween, but it's nice to know it wasn't just me.