Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 31–Romantic Dinner…for 8 Please

Ok.  So it wasn’t romantic at all.  I would prefer to be alone with my husband, dressed up, sitting at a nice quiet table, gazing into each other’s eyes, whispering sweet nothings.  But that will have to wait.  In the meantime, what’s better then spending Valentine’s Day with the ones you love the most?  Who wouldn’t love these rugrats?   

IMG_1765

IMG_1770IMG_1769

Justin said I looked tired in this picture.  Well, I am.  This was my day today:  I got up (that’s the first step to a productive day), got the kids out the door,  I went shopping to Hobby Lobby and Target for decorations, sheets, curtains, etc. for Colton’s room, decorated the room which included ironing curtains (I hate ironing), hung a shelf and curtains, picked up Wyatt from Kindergarten, made lunch for the kids, picked up Matti from preschool, made Valentine surprises for the kids to put on their beds for when they got home from school, looked at how much laundry I have to do, but didn’t do it, caught up on my blog, almost forgot to take Brit to piano, but got her there in time.  Cleaned up the “special lemonade” that Wyatt and Matti made by dumping their BLUE Fun Dip into a cup and adding water, while spilling the powder all over the newly mopped and vacuumed kitchen floor, picked Brit up from piano, made dinner, organized my list, newspapers and coupons for the next bargain grocery shopping trip if I can ever get to the store, watched “Secretariat” with the kids, and collapsed in my bed to watch “The Bachelor”.  Here I am.  Getting geared up to do it all again tomorrow.  I am looking forward to our Caribbean cruise in just a few weeks to recharge my batteries!  And I am looking forward to spending the next 27 minutes of what’s left of Valentine’s Day with my hubby.  

1 comment:

Kari said...

Your hubby sure does love and appreciate you and is looking forward to your cruise as well. Warm temperatures, blue water, white sand, you in very little clothing....sounds like paradise to me!!!-From Justin, not Kari. Again, she doesn't post on her own blog.