Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Growing Pains

My life this past month has been filled with activities like Jr. High registration and suit shopping for Cam.  I’m not quite sure I’m ready for this, but ready or not, my son is growing up.  He loves his new suit.  When he tried it on, he said, “It feels like sweatpants”.   The days of clip on ties are over.  Justin even gave him a Marine Corps pin which Cam proudly wore last Sunday, the day of his Priesthood Ordination

IMG_0316

Cam is a great big brother.  He is always willing to help with his younger brothers and sisters.  His interests are expanding.  He has always been a good friend.  His teacher recently sent me an email letting me know that Cameron was a big help in making his new student feel comfortable.  He said Cam “was a sweet boy and he was glad to be his teacher”.  There’s nothing a mother wants to hear more than a statement like that.  It makes me feel that I have done something right although I have made many mistakes and spent a portion of Cam’s childhood as a single mom, .  I am blessed to raise an intelligent boy who has made me a proud mama. 

1 comment:

Krysta said...

What a handsome boy! I laughed out loud about the sweat pants! That boy and his sweats. He is growing up that is for sure. Are you ready for it? The thought of Jr. High makes me nervous. Even though Cam and Kaylee are a year apart in school they will be experiencing their first year of Jr. High at the same time. I think I am more nervous than Kaylee is.